As a Senior Splunk Engineer, you will apply your analytical skills to tackle the cyber security challenges that face our financial services clients. The role requires supporting the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation of Splunk.
The candidate should have previous hands-on experience onboarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. The Splunk engineer should have a strong Linux background to edit and maintain Splunk configuration files and apps. Cloud experience is a plus as our organization helps others migrate to the cloud.
The Splunk engineer will work with other team members and will be required to interact with system stakeholders to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required to interact with senior management, as necessary, and present in front of a broad audience.
- Provides strategic support for Splunk deployment, integration, configuration and maintenance
- Design, engineer, configure and administer Splunk content
- Integration of data feeds (logs and scan data) into Splunk
- Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk in the customer environment
- Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed.
- Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
- Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing Use-Cases
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at both the executive and working level.
- Knowledge of security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g., NIST, SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls, etc).
- Knowledge in one or more of the following functional capabilities: technology or security operations, risk governance, IT/IS compliance, data protection, threat and vulnerability management, data breach incident management, supplier/vendor risk management, security monitoring, access management, technology or security policies and standards, business continuity, IT risk management, and/or network security.
- Possess and demonstrate a strong ability to influence and achieve complex and demanding deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to work with cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Minimum of Three years’ experience with Splunk
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of seven years of professional experience in information technology including, systems administration, networking, application development, and/or implementation, information security management, information technology risk assessment, and/or security reviews/investigations.
- One of the following certifications are required (must be current) or should be attained within one year of being hired: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in please feel free to submit your contact information and resume below or reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding the position. We look forward to hearing from you!